|Join the Fun! A Community Event for all Ages!
THE ONLY RULES ARE:
- Everyone starts with a straw. You may use one or more.
- Transform it into an ornament
- Ornaments must be "hangable" with a hook
- 2 Categories -- Adult & Youth (14 years of age and under)
- All ornaments will be offered for sale with proceeds going to charity
- Unsold ornaments will be returned to the artist
- All ornaments are considered a donation and no money will be received by the artist for a sale
- FREE to Enter!
- Entries can be dropped of at the Harbor Village Gallery, November 29 through December 13
- Prizes Awarded Saturday, December 14 during the award reception, 4:00-7:00pm
Entries are displayed, judged for PRIZES and for sale!
1st, 2nd, 3rd and People's Choice prizes in both categories.
Cecile Faulconer, Ventura County Potters Guild
Debbie Golden, member, Ventura Board of Education
Ventura Education Partnership Arts Collaborative. Keeping the arts in our schools.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
November 29 to December 13
Drop off your entry at the Harbor Village Gallery (open 12-6 everyday but closed on Tuesday)
Fill out an entry form at the gallery and attach it to your ornament.
December 14, 4:00-7:00pm
Attend reception for awards at Harbor Village Gallery
Awards will be given in both categories. Adult and Youth (under 14)
You may use any type of straw that you like. But ALL ornaments must use a straw(s) as it's main component. Artisan Store Committee will determine pricing. All ornaments will be priced the same. Unsold ornaments will be returned to the artisan. All ornaments are considered a donation and no money will be received by the artist for sale of their ornament.